Ocean Sports Tuition (OST) takes your privacy very seriously. This policy is to inform those affected of what personal data is collected. In addition, this policy will outline how and why it is used.
What is personal data?
For the purposes of this policy ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).
The data subject has the right to:
- Be informed where personal data is collected
- Access the personal data we hold
- Rectify the personal data
- Erase the personal data
- Restrict processing
- Object and opt out
OST collects the following personal data
- Name – to identify for issue of certificates
- Data of birth – to use where age restrictions apply
- Email address – for use to supply joining instructions and for the delivery of future courses where interest has been registered
- Telephone number – as above and to use when email is not sufficient i.e. short notice information.
- Medical declaration health data – practical courses are physically demanding, therefore they require a certain level of health to attend. Additionally certain conditions may preclude participation. As a result, this data is used to assess risk and suitability to attend OST courses.
How does OST use the data collected?
For courses where a certificate is registered online, on successful completion of your course your name, contact details, date of birth, certificate number and date of issue will be shared with the RYA through a secure web portal on www.rya.org.uk. Consequently, the data will be held on the RYA’s central database. This information allows the RYA to record your qualification, update any records already held and verify/replace your certificate in the future if required.
For further information on how the RYA will deal with your information please visit www.rya.org.uk/go/privacy.
Equally, for courses that do not need to be registered online, local records will be kept securely both electronically and paper based in order to verify/replace certificates in the future if required.
Customers have the right to remain anonymous for customer feedback forms. This data will be used to implement any improvements to the OST service.
How long will the data be kept?
On successful completion of your course, your data will be kept for up to 7 years. This information allows us to verify/replace the certificate in the future if required.
SRC course data will be held for up to 5 years.
How is the data transferred?
Data is transferred to the RYA through a secure web portal.
Does OST share your data with anyone else?
We never share personal data unless required in the delivery of our courses or for certificate issue, verification or replacement.
Can I access what data is held?
You can access the personal data we hold by contacting us. Moreover, we will supply it through the medium of your choice.
How do I contact Ocean Sports Tuition?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 02381 242159