RYA Yachtmaster sail preparation and exam
The RYA Yachtmaster Sail Certificate of Competence is a highly regarded qualification that is recognised worldwide and can be either coastal or offshore and the RYA Yachtmaster preparation and exam week here at Ocean Sports Tuition is a week of intensive revision and instruction followed by the Yachtmaster Exam to allow you to have the highest chances of gaining your qualification. The week is a focused week of skills and drills to go through all of the syllabus of the exam and ensure you are on the top of your game for the exam which starts on the Friday and goes through the weekend depending on the number of students.
Do I need previous experience?
- Minimum age 18
- Competed the RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Theory course or have equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 50 days at sea
- Minimum of 2,500 miles logged
- At least 5 passages over 60 miles measured along the rhumb line from the port of departure to the destination
- At least 5 days experience as a skipper (acting as skipper for at least 2 of these passages including 2 as overnight passages
At least half of this mileage and passages must be completed in tidal waters and within 10 years of the exam
Candidates must also hold a valid first aid certificate and GMDSS VHF licence to be eligible to be entered into the exam
What will I learn?
The RYA Yachtmaster offshore preparation and exam week is an intensive, personally focused week of skills and drills putting everything together allowing you to practice the finer points of boat handling, planning, navigation and theory, crew management and decision making. All culminating with the Yachtmaster Offshore exam
Course schedule and course costs:
Mon – Fri AM – 9.30 onwards. Practical and theoretical exercises during both day and night. £675.00 per person
Fri PM – onwards. Yachtmaster Examination. £215 paid directly to the RYA
- Low student instructor ratio
- All moorings
- Expert tuition and guidance after the course
- Free parking at Saxon Wharf Marina
Unit 6 Saxon Wharf Marina
Lower York Street
To book please view our course dates and book online, email us or give us a call on 02381 242159 to discuss your training requirements.