Ocean Sports Tuition (OST) takes your privacy very seriously. This policy is to inform anyone it effects of the personal data collected and why it is used
What is personal data?
For the purposes of this policy ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject)
The data subject has the following rights:
- To be informed where personal data is collected
- Access to the personal data we hold
- To rectify the personal data
- To erase the personal data
- To restrict processing
- To object and opt out
OST collects the following personal data
- Name – to identify for issue of certificates
- Data of birth – to use where age restrictions apply
- Email address – for use to supply joining instructions and for the delivery of future courses where interest has been registered
- Telephone number – as above and to use when email is not sufficient. i.e. short notice information
- Medical declaration health data – as practical courses are physically demanding they require a certain level of health to attend and certain conditions preclude participation. This data is used to assess risk and suitability to attend OST courses.
How does OST use the data collected?
For courses where a certificate is registered online on successful completion of your course your name, contact details, date of birth, certificate number an date of issue will be shared with the RYA through a secure web portal on www.rya.org.uk. The data will be held on the RYA’s central database. The information allows the RYA to record your qualification, to update any records already held and to verify or replace your certificate in the future if required. For further information on how the RYA will deal with your information please visit www.rya.org.uk/go/privacy.
For courses that do not need to be registered online local records will be kept securely both electronically and paper based to be able to verify or replace certificates in the future if required
Customer feedback. Customer have the right to remain anonymous for customer feedback forms. This data will be used to implement any improvements to the OST service
How long will the data be kept?
On successful completion of your course your data will be kept for up to 7 years. This information allows us to verify and replace the certificate in the future if required
SRC course data will be held for up to 5 years
How is the data transferred?
Data is transferred to the RYA through a secure web portal
Does OST share your data with anyone else
We never share personal data apart from where it is needed in the delivery of our courses or for certificate issue, verification of replacement
Can I access what data is held?
You can access the personal data we hold by contacting us and we will supply it through the medium of your choice
How do I contact Ocean Sports Tuition?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 02381 242159